- I believe that by hiding death and dying behind closed doors we do more harm than good to our society.
- I believe that the culture of silence around death should be broken through discussion, gatherings, art, innovation, and scholarship.
- I believe that talking about and engaging with my inevitable death is not morbid, but displays a natural curiosity about the human condition.
- I believe that the dead body is not dangerous, and that everyone should be empowered (should they wish to be) to be involved in care for their own dead.
- I believe that the laws that govern death, dying and end-of-life care should ensure that a person’s wishes are honored, regardless of sexual, gender, racial or religious identity.
- I believe that my death should be handled in a way that does not do great harm to the environment.
- I believe that my family and friends should know my end-of-life wishes, and that I should have the necessary paperwork to back-up those wishes.
- I believe that my open, honest advocacy around death can make a difference, and can change culture.
Whether you have participated in the Death Positive movement for years, or are brand new to us, we wanted to offer you a way to boldly state your intentions and participation.
About the shirt:
- Shirt Color: Black
- 100% Airlume Cotton
- Form Fitting
- Exaggerated arm openings
- Curved Hem
- Size up for a less fitted look
- Screen printed in Los Angeles by our friends at Family Industries
- Model Amber is wearing a Size Small
Machine wash cold with like colors. Only non-chlorine bleach if needed. Tumble dry low. Warm iron if necessary
Absolutely love my shirt! I ordered an XL and it fits me on the baggier side but I like it that way (for reference I’m usually a 10/12 and wear either a size large or xl shirt)